Sunday, February 15, 2009

Stonepecker Blues

Well, I got me a great career.
I drive a D-9 for C. Breweer,
It's got a hydraulic hammer, a steel-toothed slammer
Breakin' boulders like bottles of beer,
The only problem's when I get home,
I get the shakes from breakin' all of that stone,
Well, my knees keep shakin' and my arms are quakin',
'Got vibrations down in my bones.
Well, it's drivin' my wife insane,
I'm like a vibratin' machine
But I'm numb down to my shoes.
I've got those stonepecker,
Stonepecker blues!

Well, I 'm the envy of all my peers,
Though I got no feeling in my rear.
I'll make a field of a'a cry for its mama
And I hope that Madame Pele don't hear.
But my own hearing's not so good,
And my arms feel like they're made outta wood,
I got a callous bladder, and my wife gets mad
Because I use the bathroom more than I should.
Well, it's drivin' my wife insane,
I'm like a vibratin' machine,
But my liver is obscene
And my kidneys aren't worth beans
And my guts have settled down
Into a small and compact mound,
And I'm numb down to my shoes,
I've got those stonepecker,
Stonepecker blues!

No comments:

Post a Comment